About REScoop MECISE
About our project
REScoop MECISE is a Horizon 2020 PDA project that aims to mobilise citizens and municipalities in the transition to a more sustainable and decentralised energy system.
With support from the EASME, a consortium of established energy cooperatives developed projects for renewable energy and energy efficiency. We also set-up a financial facilitation service for energy communities and foster collaborations between energy cooperatives and local municipalities.
The projects developed through REScoop MECISE go beyond “business-as-usual”. We do projects that private investors find not interesting either because of their complexity or because of their limited profitability.
Community-owned energy projects can bring considerable benefits to the local community: they trigger new sustainable energy measures, motivate citizens to get involved in the energy transition, create local jobs and generate stable returns for the community’s investors.
- We invested EUR 100 million in renewable energy
- We invested EUR 10 million in energy efficiency
- We supported the creation of 5 new cooperatives
- We mobilised 48 municipalities in the transition
- We mobilised 50.000 citizens in the transition
- We facilitated joint-ownership for 3 municipalities
- We produced electricity for 38.000 families
- We covered the heating needs of 2.000 families
- We saved 35.900 tonnes of CO2 per year